Weekend Top 5 Events
It is the first weekend of August, and Th e Ryan King Team is here to give you the breakdown on a few Chattanooga events that are sure to fill your weekend with good times!
- Whether they’re peering into the toothy maws of Sand Tigers or admiring the delicate patterning of Coral Cats, encounters with sharks at the Tennessee Aquarium are not only awe-inspiring, they also help de-mystify these misunderstood predators.
Chances to educate the public and dispel some widely held misconceptions about sharks are more important than ever in light of the struggle these animals face in the wild, where numbers of all shark species are on a steep decline thanks to human activity.
- Date & Time: August 4th @ 5pm
- Location: Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Price: Tickets are $8 and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Learn to Meditate: Discover Your Inherent Wisdom Heart
In this 3-hour class, you will receive the technique, guidance and experience necessary to start a mindfulness-awareness, or “peaceful abiding” meditation practice. An authorized meditation instructor will give detailed instruction and guided meditation so that you have all the tools necessary for a daily practice. This class is ideal for beginners or students wanting to strengthen their meditation technique.
- Date & Time: August 5th @ 10am to 1pm
- Location: Center for Mindful Living, 1212 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404
- Price: The event costs $20 and a light breakfast will be provided.
Celebration of Scottish Music and Culture
- Celtic music fans and enthusiasts of Scottish & Irish culture will enjoy an evening of music, storytelling, food, history, and nature within the glorious setting of Reflection Riding’s Arboretum nature conservancy.
- Date & Time: August 5th @ 4:30 to 10pm
- Location: Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center, 400 Garden Road, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37412
- Price: Admission is $20 adults / $12 youth 18 & under. Price includes all events plus free entrance to Reflection Riding Nature Center & Arboretum.
- Chattanooga Market
- Outdoor marketplace featuring food & craft vendors, art displays & music, open Sundays only.
- Date & Time: August 6th @ 10am to 4pm
- Location: First Tennessee Pavilion, 1829 Carter Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37408
- Price: Free entry
Abandoned Ships (Milissa Orzolek) Puppet and Shadow Show
Abandoned ships is geographer, teaching artist, storyteller and puppeteer Milissa Orzolek. She fell into the world of puppetry in 2010 as a puppeteer with a production of “Fantastic Mr. Fox” in New Orleans. Since that time, she has puppeteered in the New Orleans Fringe Festival, the New Orleans Giant Puppet Festival, Potpourri at the National Puppetry Festival in Hartford and Puppet Slamwich in Baltimore.
- Date & Time: August 6th @ 6:30pm
- Location: Wayne-O-Rama, 1800 Rossville Avenue, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37415
- Price: Free