Weekend Top 5 Events
It is the first weekend of September, and The Ryan King Team is here to give you the breakdown on a few Chattanooga events that are sure to fill your weekend with good times!
Open Studio Nights at Chattanooga WorkSpace
On the first Friday of each month, artists at Chattanooga WorkSpace open their studios for the general public during Open Studio Nights. Each event is themed, and September’s event is “makers of Sixth Street,” featuring current and past Chattanooga WorkSpace artists. In addition to the gallery show, guests will enjoy a live torch painting demo from Hollie Berry. There will be snacks sponsored by Mellow Mushroom, plus entertainment. Admission is free.
- Date & Time: September 1st @ 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Location: 302 W. Sixth St.
- Price: Free
Chattanooga Lookouts: Mega Fireworks
Usually, the Chattanooga Lookouts will offer an exciting ballgame and an extra-special theme. But Friday night’s game includes a triple threat of excitement. Fans will enjoy a farm petting zoo as a part of Agriculture Night and the zany costumed Zooperstars! The evening will end with “the biggest fireworks display” of the year. Friday’s game also marks the final Fireworks Friday of the season. The Lookouts are hosting the Montgomery Biscuits for a five-game series this weekend. Click here for tickets.
- Date & Time: September 1st @ 7:15pm
- Location: 201 Power Alley
- Price: $5 to $9
RK Prepper Survival Expo and Gun Show
Locals are invited to attend a survivalist/prepper expo this weekend to learn more about the lifestyle and how being prepared can save your life and the lives of others. Preppers ask questions such as what would happen after a nuclear attack? Would we survive a total government collapse or a natural disaster like a hurricane or earthquake? What would happen if everything just stopped working? Tickets are $14 for adults, and admission is free for kids 12 and under. Click here for more information.
Date & Time: September 2nd @ 9am – 5pm
- Location: 323 Camp Jordan Parkway
- Price: $14 for adults and free for kids under 12
- US-101 CountryFest
- The first US-101 CountryFest will be Sept. 2 at the Northwest Georgia Amphitheater in Ringgold. Rising country superstar Kane Brown will be joined by country duo Walker McGuire. Tickets are $20 each and available here. US-101 hailed Brown as one of country music’s hottest rising stars. His self-titled debut album is now available, featuring the song “What Ifs” with Lauren Alaina.
- Date & Time: September 2nd @ 7pm
- Location: 202 Catoosa Circle
- Price: $20
- Great American Weekend at Chattanooga Market
- The Chattanooga Market celebrates American workers during their annual Great American Weekend. Following the fourth annual Run of Honor benefiting the Tim Chapin Scholarship Fund, guests can enjoy an afternoon at the market. In addition to the local produce, arts and crafts, and live music, a cruise-in will feature classic cars. More information is here.
- Date & Time: September 3rd @ 11am – 4pm
- Location: 1826 Carter Ave.
- Price: Free