Weekend Top 5 Events
It is the third weekend of August, and The Ryan King Team is here to give you the breakdown on a few Chattanooga events that are sure to fill your weekend with good times!
Chattanooga Red Tent
The Red Tent is a monthly gathering for women. Inspired by The Red Tent book by Anita Diamont and encouraged by The Red Tent Movement, we come together to celebrate and honor our feminine spirit and life experiences. August’s discussion theme is Nourishment and Self Care. Register in advance: https://chattanoogaredtentaugust.eventbrite.com
- Date & Time: August 18th @ 6pm – 9pm
- Location: Movement Arts Collective, 3813 Dayton Blvd., Red Bank, TN
- Price: Free
Butterflies In Your Garden
Learn how you can have more butterflies in your garden! Master Gardener Beth Rice wanted a yard filled with these beautiful winged creatures, and her passion has led her to create a unique habitat where they could thrive. In the last few years, Beth has almost completely replaced all the plants in her yard with “butterfly friendly” plants. She has collected a wide range of different host plants, which are attractive to butterflies for laying their eggs and for their caterpillars to eat, as well as nectar plants to provide butterflies with energy. Illustrating her talk with pictures of her own yard, Beth will provide many details on how you can achieve your own butterfly garden and enjoy these colorful and important pollinators.
- Date & Time: August 19th @ 10am to 12pm
- Location: UT Extension Office, 6183 Adamson Circle, Chattanooga, TN
- Price: Advance registration is suggested! To register for this class, send email to: email@example.com.
One Track Mind: Rollerderby Double Header
As the season heats up, we host our fourth home bout and it’s going to be crazy cool as it’s a double header that benefits the awesome & artistic folks at the Hart Gallery TN. Bring a much needed art supply donation (unopened paint, markers, canvas, drop cloths, etc) and be entered to win a $50 gift card from their neighbors at Main Line Ink! Doors open at 4. First whistle at 5 then B-Railers play Piedmont Rollergirls. CRG Allstars play Classic City Rollergirls.
Date & Time: August 19th @ 4pm
- Location: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, TN
- Price: Get tickets from your fave CRG or stop by any of our local (cash only) ticket vendors.
- Chattanooga Market
- Outdoor marketplace featuring food & craft vendors, art displays & music, open Sundays only.
- Date & Time: August 20th @ 10am to 4pm
- Location: First Tennessee Pavilion, 1829 Carter Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37408
- Price: Free entry
Dare to Drag: Kidney Foundation Benefit
Drag queens will perform Saturday night as a benefit for the Kidney Foundation of Chattanooga. The event encourages non-drag queens to try out the profession by lacing up in high heels and sashaying down the runway to help raise money for the foundation. All proceeds will benefit the foundation’s medical equipment program. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 on the day of the show. Preparty drinks will be served from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The show is at 9 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Date & Time: August 19th @ 9pm
- Location: 41 Station Street, Chattanooga, TN
- Price: $15-$20