Weekend Top 5 Events
It is the last weekend of July, and The Ryan King Team is here to give you the breakdown on a few Chattanooga events that are sure to fill your weekend with good times!
The Chattery Presents “Adulting Summer Camp: Cocktails First, Questions Later (Happy Hour)”
We’re closing out Adult Summer Camp in style. Come hang and socialize with us at The Daily Ration for a grown up happy hour. Our friends at The Daily Ration will feature a special happy hour showcasing cocktails most adults should know how to make (like a proper martini or a perfectly-portioned margarita).
Everyone will take home a recipe guide to recreate the recipes at home from our co-founder, Shawanda of Eat.Drink.Frolic.
- Date & Time: July 28th @ 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Location: Daily Ration, 1220 Dartmouth St., Chattanooga, TN
- Price: Free admission, and a cash bar
Lend Me A Tenor
- “Tenor” is a door-slamming, dress-dropping farce with mistaken identities, mischievous misunderstandings and compromising positions. This Ludwig farce is set in September 1934. Saunders (Dan Lyons), the general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, is primed to welcome the world-famous Tito Merelli (Ed Huckabee), II Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation, to appear for one night only as “Otello”. The star arrives late, and through a hilarious series of mishaps, is given a double dose of tranquilizers and passes out. His pulse is so low that Saunders and his assistant, Max (Justin Young), believe he’s dead.Local community theatre veteran Ed Huckabee is in the title role of tenor Tito Merelli, and is joined by the talented cast of Justin Young, Ayana Winchester, Dan Lyons, Christine Keefe, Kitty Reel, Bobby Daniels, and Lindsey Knox.
The show is stage managed by Renee Lierow, and includes the musical madness of vocal coach Scott Tinker.
- Date & Time: July 29th @ 2pm
- Location: Ringgold Depot, 155 Depot Street, Ringgold, GA
- Price: Tickets are $10 general admission and $8 for seniors and students, and can be purchased in person at Ringgold City Hall, over the phone at 706-935-3061, or online at cityofringgoldga.gov.
Thirstain Daniels and the Louisiana Purchase
- Thirstain Daniels and the Louisiana Purchase are an up-and-coming band based out of Chattanooga, TN. Comprised of local musicians and founded by lead singer and guitarist Thirstain Daniels, The Louisiana Purchase is a group of musicians, each with different musical backgrounds to shape their own unique sound. They have been collected to form a Folk driven band with understood influences from Jazz and Blues. The vision comes from lead singer Thirstain Daniels who colors the band’s sound with his Soul infused vocals and anecdotal lyrics.
- Date & Time: July 29th @ 7 – 10pm
- Location: Songbirds Guitar Museum, 35 Station Street, Chattanooga, TN
- Price: Ticket prices TBA
- Rising Artists: The Charismatic Flute
- Flutist Charissa Goosey plays works including the Meditation from Thaïs, selections from Bach’s g-minor sonata BWV 1020 and Krebs’ Fantasia for Flute and Organ. The featured work is Mozart’s Flute Sonata No. 4 in C. This performance is part of Nativity’s monthly Rising Artists series that features Chattanooga’s most accomplished young musicians playing works for solo instruments and organ. Nativity also presents a Mini-Concert series with organist and music director Kristopher Schwinn.
- Date & Time: July 30th @ 10:30 – 11:30am
- Location: The Church of the Nativity Episcopal Church, 1201 Cross Street, Fort Oglethorpe, GA
- Price: Free
“Deathtrap” tells the story of Sidney Bruhl, a middle-aged, washed up playwright who receives a script in the mail from Clifford Anderson, a student at a seminar Sidney had conducted for aspiring playwrights. Sidney immediately recognizes the script as a certain commercial hit.
- Date & Time: July 30th @ 2:30 – 5pm
- Location: Back Alley @ The Mars Theater, 117 N. Chattanooga Street, LaFayette, GA
- Price: Tickets are $15 for general admission and $12 for students and seniors. For more information, visit www.BAPshows.com or call 706.621.2870